Out with the Old
And we're off!
Just 2 days after closing, I had the house leveled.
Haha, just kidding. But second to razing the entire house, I had quite a bit of demolition done inside the house. Just days after closing, I scheduled the demo and here's the laundry list of things that I had removed:
- Old built-in shelving in the living room
- All wood paneling and wainscoting
- 2 Layers of wallpaper
- Entire kitchen (including those delightful orange countertops)
- Wood framing near the HVAC
- Interior doors
- Light fixtures
- Vinyl flooring and carpet in all rooms
- Popcorn ceiling (which had asbestos, of course!)
*If you have questions on asbestos, I'm happy to share with you my experience. Just let me know in the comments below. Also, if you're in Austin area and need a good abatement company, I've got you covered!
ON TO THE PHOTOS
Knocking things down, well that's the easy part! Although it isn't pretty, it definitely helps to have a clean slate to start with when designing and laying out the space.
More to come, but if you have any questions or thoughts, feel free to share them below!